Thursday, May 13, 2010

Emailing the Vatican

Do you know how surreal it is to be emailing and corresponding with The Vatican? Opening up my Outlook and seeing an email, in Italian no less, from The Vatican has been a real treat! Sheila and I wanted to take a tour of the Necropolis (Scavi Tour) and to be able to do that, you have to make a reservation and be approved, so I emailed them to request the tour. I picture the Pope on the other end reading my email and sending me approval! Hee hee. The Necropolis is the "Dead City" below St. Peter's Basilica where St. Peter's bones are buried along with other popes and saints. I don't know much about it, but can't wait to find out more! I know a Swiss guard stands at the door to guard it and you have to have a reservation to get in, so that will be an experience in itself. Unfortunately you can't bring cameras in, so I won't be posting any pictures of inside the Necropolis, but will try my best to crack a smile on the Swiss guard outside and see if we can photograph him!

No comments:

Post a Comment