Sunday, June 20, 2010

Giverny and Monet's House and Gardens








I know why Claude Monet loved Giverny and lived there. It is a lovely, quaint little village about an hour train ride outside of Paris into the country. I thought St. Peter's Basilica was the most beautiful place I had ever seen, but I must make a clarification now...it is the most beautiful building and architecture I have ever seen. Monet's house and gardens is the most gorgeous garden and nature sight I have ever seen. You couldn't take a bad photograph there. Everywhere you turned was something snapshot worthy and definitely looked like a painting. I understand why his paintings are so beautiful and why he painted on sight. The house and gardens was donated to an art society by his son. The house still looks and is arranged just as he left it.


3 comments: