Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rome is AMAZING!!!!!

Where do I start....I have so much to say and don't know where to begin. We are soooooo busy! We wake up and hit the ground running. The 9 and a half hour flight to Paris was....let me just say....LONG! My long legs did not do well jabbed into the back of a seat for that long, but worth the ride to see what I have been seeing here in Rome. In the US there is a Starbucks on every corner and in Rome....there is a Catholic Church or Basilica. St. Peter's Basilica is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. No words can describe it! You truly need to see it for yourself! I am posting two videos of the Basilica but the videos do it no justice. I almost cried when I stepped inside and saw Michelangelo's La Pieta sculpture. It is just past the curtain to the right you will see in the first video.

No comments:

Post a Comment